News & Updates
The latest from Fantasy GP HQ
2023 Sprint Race Weekends
For 2023, Fantasy GP players score points in Sprint Races as well as Grands Prix
Date published: 1st February 2023
For 2023, Fantasy GP players will score points in the Saturday Sprint races as well as Sunday’s race.
There are six (yes, 6!) Sprint race weekends in 2023, where we have qualifying on a Friday, a mini ‘Sprint’ race on the Saturday and then the proper Grand Prix on the Sunday as usual. The 6 race weekends with Sprints are Azerbaijan, Austria, Belgium, Qatar, USA and Brazil.
New for 2023, FGP teams can now score additional points on these Sprint weekends. Here’s how these race weekends play out:
- Game locks on Friday when qualifying starts (we’ll inundate you with reminders)
- Prediction Points for Pole Position are awarded based on the Friday Qualifying (but, as usual, any post qualifying penalties are key, so the grid for Saturday’s sprint will determine how points are awarded)
- Cars and drivers score race points for the Sprint race (reflecting real life – 1st through to 8th)
- Cars and drivers score bonus points for the Sprint race (2pts per place for drivers, 1pt per place for teams)
- Drivers score 5 additional points if they beat their teammate in the Sprint
And then for the main race, the grid is based on the Sprint result (after any post race penalties are applied):
- Cars and drivers score race points for Sunday’s race (reflecting real life – 1st through to 10th)
- Cars and drivers get bonus points (2pts per place for drivers, 1pts per place for cars)
- Drivers score 5 additional points if they beat their team mate in the Grand Prix
- Predictions for the Podium, Fastest Lap and Safety Cars will apply to the Grand Prix only!